Our loan boxes are now available to borrow once again. Even though the Museum remains closed to the public for the time being, the loan boxes can be collected and returned at pre-arranged times. Covid-19 procedures are in place to ensure that you can safely use the loan boxes.
Our loan boxes are designed to support teaching and learning of National Curriculum topics.
Toys Loan Box
This box is chock-a-block full of toys that the children can have a go with as well as toys to look at and compare, consider and discuss.
The Toys Loan Box supports the Key Stage One National Curriculum History topic in the following areas:
Knowledge, skills and understanding
1. b. use common words and phrases relating to the passing of time
Knowledge and understanding of events, people and changes in the past
2. b. identify differences between ways of life at different times.
3. identify different ways in which the past is represented.
4. a. how to find out about the past from a range of sources of information
b. to ask and answer questions about the past.
This loans box will provide children with opportunities to:
- view and discuss a selection of toys from the past
- identify similarities and differences between some old and new toys
- develop their speaking and listening skills
- use appropriate vocabulary associated with the passing of time
- play, in small groups, with some of the toys
Click here for further information and contents of boxes.