A sponsored walk around Holmwood Common
Dorking Museum are one of the charities that will take part in the Rotawalk ’21 on Sunday 12th September 2021.
This lovely walk on land once owned by King Harold and managed by the National Trust since 1955 will take you through mixed woodland to discover sunny glades and numerous ponds: a haven for wildlife of over 650 acres.
- Start and finish: You will be assigned to one of two separate start/finish points in order to ensure sufficient car parking for all participants. Start times between 10am and 3pm.
- Route: 4 miles around a flattish, cinder-based all-weather circuit, suitable for all ages, and easily negotiated with push-chairs and mobility scooters.
- Attractions: You will enjoy a ‘Virtual Tour’ around the borders of Surrey, with information boards on 12 well-known locations, with a quiz question at each one. Also, a Nature Quiz for the younger walkers.
- Refreshments en-route… to top up your water-bottle or enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of cake.
- Covid-19: The walk will be compliant with all Covid-19 guidelines in effect at the time. Any special arrangements will be advised to participants at least a week before the event.
- Registration: Please register by 11th September 2021.
- Registration fee: We are asking each adult walker to pay a registration fee of £5, as we have to pay a sum to Rotary to assist with the administration costs of the walk. There is no registration fee required for children aged 16 and under … but they must be accompanied by an adult.
Interested in participating but need more details? Please contact Margaret Dennis on email@example.com
We thank all the Rotary organisers and their local sponsors for the opportunity to involve Dorking Museum’s supporters in community fund-raising.