The Deepdene Trail – FAQ’s
- Please meet your guide at the entrance to the Deepdene Trail on the A24. The entrance to the Trail is on the southbound carriageway and is signposted with a large notice-board.
- The walk is on unpaved and uneven surfaces. Paths can be slippery in some conditions. We advise walkers to wear suitable footwear for walking. Even in summer boots are advisable as some paths seldom dry out.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required to complete the trail; it involves steps and some steep slopes.
- There are no toilet facilities on the trail. Coffees and teas are available at Dorking Golf Club at the end of the trail.
- There are no parking facilities on site. The nearest parking is at Dorking Sports Centre. Walkers should allow 15 minutes to walk to the trail entrance, and the same for return at the end of the walk. Parking is also available on Dene Street and behind Sainsbury’s in the town centre.
- Walks last approximately an hour and a half at a moderate walking pace and include a visit to the Hope Mausoleum. When paying for parking you will need to allow sufficient time to complete the walk and to walk to and from the start of the trail. (Extra if you wish to stop for tea/coffee at the end.)
- If you suffer from a medical condition, please bear in mind that in case of illness, the trail is on unpaved paths and emergency services cannot easily access the trail which may result in delay.
Please mail email@example.com if you need any other information.