Do you want to help celebrate, promote and preserve the unique identify of Dorking and its surrounding area? Would you like to be part of a vibrant community-run project to bringing local history to life?
If you could spare anything from one hour a week – we can find something for you to do.
- to greet and welcome visitors
- to collect information from visitors for marketing purposes
- to answer queries from visitors or telephone queries and pass on to the relevant team member
- to keep an eye on the security of the museum and its objects
- to keep the museum generally tidy and to ensure health and safety
- to hand out guides, children’s quizzes, large print book where needed.
- to sell items from the shop
- to generally assist in making visitors’ experience a good one
Other Museum Roles
We appreciate that to take on everything within these roles would be quite a challenge, but if you could help with any aspect of any of these roles; we would love to hear from you. Click on each link for full details
Recruitment and Training
Collections Care and Archive Help
Education and Outreach Help