Welcome to the Cave Tours.
We are so sorry to have to postpone the opening of the cave tours this year. We are following the best advice and are postponing the opening until further notice. Please be aware that we will be reviewing the situation as the weeks go by and any update regarding a new launch date will be posted here, so do please visit again to check the situation.
Anyone who has already booked a tour will be refunded the money, but do please let us know if you would rather donate that money to Dorking Museum.
- Saturday 11th April – 10.00am
- Saturday 11th April – 11.00am
- Saturday 11th April – 1.00pm
- Saturday 11th April – 2.00pm
- Saturday 2nd May – 10.00am
- Saturday 2nd May – 11.00am
- Saturday 2nd May – 1.00pm
- Saturday 2nd May – 2.00pm
- Saturday 30th May – 10.00am
- Saturday 30th May – 11.00am
- Saturday 30th May – 1.00pm
- Saturday 30th May – 2.00pm
- Saturday 27th June – 10.00am
- Saturday 27th June – 11.00am
- Saturday 27th June – 1.00pm
- Saturday 27th June – 2.00pm
Group Tours are available on any date to suit you from late March onwards, and can take place between the hours of 9am and 8pm. Why not get a group of families or friends together, to celebrate a birthday or special event? Organisations also very welcome.
The Group Leader should contact the Cave Tour Team by email on email@example.com to arrange a date and time.
Please note the following points
- All tours are subject to Health and Safety conditions, and no open-toed shoes or sandals are allowed.
- Group Tours can be conducted any day of the week subject to the availability of a Guide
- A maximum of up to 12 adults per tour or 10 children (aged 5 -16) with 2 accompanying adults
- Group Tours are £60, Youth Tours £50 and Youth Charity organisations such as Cubs/Brownies are £35 per tour
The Official Dorking Museum Guide Book to the Caves by Richard Selley. £2.50.
For centuries Dorking’s growth above ground has been mirrored by excavations below it, leaving a unique legacy of historical sites that live on in the darkness below. In a new book, journalist and Dorking Museum cave guide Sam Dawson shines a torch on the subterranean heritage of cellars, caves, bunkers and mysterious spaces that lie below the town’s streets.
In his lavishly illustrated book, “Dorking: A Town Underground”, Sam explores Dorking’s wartime civil defences, crypts, vaults, icehouses, wine and beer cellars and the rambling caves beneath our feet. Sam has been a guide in the highly popular South Street Caves in Dorking’s West Street since soon after their reopening to the public by Dorking Museum in 2015. He has spent the past three years in intense research into the other caves and underground spaces beneath the town.
The book is priced at £15.00.