Although the Government is relaxing social-distancing and other health and safety guidelines, Dorking Museum currently remains closed whilst plans are put in place to allow us to re-open and resume activities safely whilst continuing to offer an appropriate visitor experience.
In the meantime, do check our website for regular blogs, also our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- 4th April 2020 – Getting to grips with lockdown
- 14th April 2020 – We need your DIY skills
- 15th April 2020 – Developing a Dorking Museum childrens book at the height of a pandemic
- 20th April 2020 – Artist biographies and online sales
- 22nd April 2020 – Accreditation Update and Chalkpit information appeal
- 28th April 2020 – Tales from the Cabinet of Curiosity (featuring dinosaurs AND Blue Peter)
- 29th April 2020 – Washing from WW2 spotted on lines around Dorking
- 5th May 2020 – Surrey Day, WW1 soldiers and online resources
- 11th May 2020 – Appeal for photos and art
- 18th May 2020 – Preparations for Mayflower Exhibition continue
- 23rd May 2020 – Laurence Olivier plaque anniversary and Vanishing River talk
- 25th June 2020 – Pilgrim Suits and Mayflower Boats
- 3rd July 2020 – New Logo, Pilgrim suit update and a book review
- 14th August 2020 – A 21st Century look at a 19th Century Local Magazine
Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre is an independent museum funded entirely by public donation and staffed by volunteers.