Under the new lockdown restrictions Dorking Museum remains closed whilst plans are put in place to allow us to re-open in January 2021. We hope to resume activities safely then, whilst continuing to offer an appropriate visitor experience.
Our Archives hope to open again after lockdown which is planned for 2nd December 2020.
In the meantime, do check our website for regular blogs, also our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- 4th April 2020 – Getting to grips with lockdown
- 14th April 2020 – We need your DIY skills
- 15th April 2020 – Developing a Dorking Museum childrens book at the height of a pandemic
- 20th April 2020 – Artist biographies and online sales
- 22nd April 2020 – Accreditation Update and Chalkpit information appeal
- 28th April 2020 – Tales from the Cabinet of Curiosity (featuring dinosaurs AND Blue Peter)
- 29th April 2020 – Washing from WW2 spotted on lines around Dorking
- 5th May 2020 – Surrey Day, WW1 soldiers and online resources
- 11th May 2020 – Appeal for photos and art
- 18th May 2020 – Preparations for Mayflower Exhibition continue
- 23rd May 2020 – Laurence Olivier plaque anniversary and Vanishing River talk
- 25th June 2020 – Pilgrim Suits and Mayflower Boats
- 3rd July 2020 – New Logo, Pilgrim suit update and a book review
- 14th August 2020 – A 21st Century look at a 19th Century Local Magazine
- 2nd October 2020 – Another 21st Century look at a 19th Century Local Magazine
- 15th October 2020 – Three in a row for the 19th Century Local Magazine
- 26th October 2020 – The Museum acquires two new paintings
- 19th November 2020 – New Museum Calendar goes on sale
Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre is an independent museum funded entirely by public donation and staffed by volunteers.