Skip to content
- Dorking Museum welcomes items with direct relevance to Dorking and its environs.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accept everything we are offered. If we already have good examples of an object within the Collections we are unlikely to accept more, and there are some types of objects that we almost never acquire now.
- Please note we are unable to accept offers by post or in person. If you wish to make an offer of material, we ask you to mail us on email@example.com with details of the item.
Our Collecting decisions are influenced by various factors:
- We have particular priorities and programmes for collecting.
- Some areas of the Collections are already very well developed.
- We have to use our space and resources wisely.
- We cannot acquire material where current ownership is unknown or might be disputed.
How to offer an item for our collection:
- Please mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about the material you would like to offer.
- Provide us with as much information as possible about the items themselves and how you acquired them.
- One of our specialist curators, archivists or librarians will assess your offer and contact you if we interested in acquiring the item.
- Please note, Dorking Museum receives many offers of material for the Collections and we do try to consider every one. It may take us some time to respond to you.