Our loan boxes are now available to borrow once again. Even though the Museum remains closed to the public for the time being, the loan boxes can be collected and returned at pre-arranged times. Covid-19 procedures are in place to ensure that you can safely use the loan boxes.
Supporting the KS1 history curriculum, this box is packed full of handling objects from homes of the past for your children to investigate. This learning resource provides opportunities for children to:
- develop an awareness of the past
- develop a chronological understanding
- identify similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods
- understand some of the ways we find out about the past
- practice skills of observation, discussion, listening
Included are suggested activities to use with handling objects.