Our loan boxes are now available to borrow once again. Even though the Museum remains closed to the public for the time being, the loan boxes can be collected and returned at pre-arranged times. Covid-19 procedures are in place to ensure that you can safely use the loan boxes.
The Dorking Museum World War Two Loan Box allows children to investigate and explore real and replica objects providing a wealth of information about the war years. The loan box contains real and replica period artefacts, books, 17 photos of wartime Dorking, an Imperial War Museum Activity Pack and a WW2 Facsimile pack. The items come packaged in a WW2 era suitcase.
Dorking Museum’s WW2 Loan Box supports the Key Stage Two National Curriculum History topic in the following areas:
Knowledge and understanding of events, people and changes in the past
2. a. the characteristic features of the periods and societies studied, including the ideas, beliefs, attitudes and experiences of men, women and children in the past 2. b. the social, cultural, religious and ethnic diversity of the societies studied, in Britain and the wider world
4. a. how to find out about the events, people and changes studied from an appropriate range of sources of information.
The following pages may also be of interest
- Introduction to the Second World War
- Wartime at Dorking’s mansions
- Evacuees and Refugees
- Dorking War Stories
- Wartime Incidents and Dorking Incident Map.
- Dorking’s VCs
Click here for further information and the contents of the World War Two box.